8.26.2010

Heart.

My heart has been struggling this week. The busyness of life has taken over me and I feel as if I have become a slave to all of the things that need to get done. And, not just get done this week, but for the future of my life. I have felt such an urgency to figure out life when I get out of school and how I am going to get there. And, each day feels a little like I am losing time and I am falling so far behind. There has been little to no part of me that has felt freedom...freedom to spend my time on eternal things, freedom to be anything but a performer, freedom to rest, freedom to breakdown, freedom to enjoy life. 
I recently discovered the band Mumford and Sons and am slightly obsessed. Their lyrics are so rich and seem to hit right at the heart of a life with Jesus. I Googled them to see if they are Christians and have not come up with anything so far. If you do know, please let me know. The title track song from their album "Sigh No More" has hit my heart hard this week, especially the chorus:
Love that will not betray you, 
dismay or enslave you,
It will set you free.
Be more like the man you were made to be
There is a design,
An alignment to cry,
Of my heart to see,
The beauty of love as it was made to be.
What beautiful words. What a beautiful reminder to my soul. The Lover of my soul sets me free. Free to spend time being still with Jesus, free to be who He made me to be, free to take a nap, free to cry and run to a Healer that cares about the aching places in my heart, free to enjoy life because I am loved by a God that will not betray me, dismay or enslave me, but that sets me free. 
Here is a YouTube of the entire song, I just cannot get over how beautiful the lyrics are. 

(And the boy playing the accordion is really cute.)

1 comment:

kristen vasgaard said...

I listened to that song on repeat this morning!! Love it, especially the lyrics.

praying we both find freedom in Christ and freedom from this crazy world, today and every day.