7.16.2010

Friday.

Today my Friday will include...
Working at Anthropologie. This sounds so cheesy, but working there I am inspired to be more creative, make things with my own hands, and work hard.
Reading a little out of my new book, "Lifesigns" by, Henri Nouwen. Here is a quote from it to spark your interest to go out and buy it immediately. "Somehow, we think we can only fully enjoy our being loved by God if others are loved less than we are. But the spiritual life breaks through these distinctions made in the context of rivalry and competition. The spiritual life allows us to experience that the same God who lovingly embraces all people has counted every hair of our heads, and that the same God who cares for everyone without exception, loves each individual with an exceptional love. The deeper our prayer becomes the closer we come to this mystery of God's love. And the closer we are to this mystery the better we can live it out in our daily life. It frees us to appreciate other people's talents without feeling diminished by them and to life up their uniqueness without feeling less unique ourselves. It allows us to celebrate the various ways of being human as a sign of the universal love of God." p. 34
And, being an extra on Friday Night Lights!!! Don't be too jealous of Jen, Mallory, Jenna, and me as we are getting to watch it all go down in person as extras both tonight and tomorrow night. We think it may be the series finale they are filming, so I am pretty excited to see how it all turns out for the Taylors, Tim and Layla, Buddy, Vince, Landry, and the gang. I don't know what I would do if I saw Tim Riggins, Matt Seracen, or Coach Taylor in person, (because, I mean what do you do if you see famous people? It is kind of weird when you think about it) but I do know that pictures are the new autograph (according to my friend Jen) so I will probably keep my phone handy just in case there is a run in. 

No comments: