12.02.2010

SketchUp.

You may remember me sharing a couple weeks ago about a project for my 3D Design class where I had to design a retail space. Well, I finished it (because it was due last night), and I must say am pretty pleased with the final project.
I definitely saw all of my perfectionist tendencies come out to play through the process. I remember a couple months before I went on staff with Young Life a veteran staff person saying, "There is always more to do. At some point you just have to stop." That is the same with design projects too. There was always one more adjustment, perfection, component to add, but at some point I had to stop. And, when I stopped at my self induced set curfew time I had to remember that Jesus loves me no matter what my teacher and classmates think of my work, I have worked hard, used the creativity He has given me, and the skills I learned in class and playing around on SketchUp, and that is enough.
One of the toughest parts of going back to design school for me has been sharing my work in front of other people. At first it felt like my world was crumbling when I received any negative feedback from a teacher or my peers. But, the Lord has worked a lot of growth in my heart towards a place of not finding my identity in if my work is praised by other people. Yet, one more place where in this new(ish now) season of life I see God's sanctifying love in my life.

4 comments:

Holly said...

i love this! and, i love you. :)

Melanie McCabe said...

I see all the things you love in you store. I just love it & love you. xxoo

Melanie McCabe said...

I see all the things you love in your store. I just love it and you! xxoo

Melanie McCabe said...

I see all the things you love in your store. I love it & you! xxoo