7.29.2011

Hope to Meet Again.

I am really loving life here in California! (Happy one month anniversary L.A., I foresee our relationship lasting quite awhile.)  It has been really fun exploring Los Angeles (Westwood and Pasadena being two of my faves, Hollywood my least fave so far), finding my own little spots that make this huge city feel like home, making time to enjoy the beach and mountains, getting involved at church and with RUF, meeting some great people, and starting to find a little bit of a rhythm of school, work, and the rest of life, which as someone who loves routine is a huge blessing. But I have really been missing my friends the past week and a half or so. Wednesday I read this hymn in The Divine Hours and it was good for my heart.

Blessed be the tie that binds
our hearts in Christian love;
the fellowship of kindred minds
is like to that above

We share each other's woes
our mutual burdens bear;
and often for each other flow
our comforts and our cares

Before our Father's throne,
we pour our ardent prayers;
our fears, our hopes, our aims are one,
our comforts and our cares

When we asunder part,
it gives us inward pain;
but we shall still be joined in heart,
and hope to meet again.

-John Fawcett

No comments: