5.25.2007

so day 2 of the new blog. life in auburn in slow. typically i enjoy a fast pace of life full of people and things to do. i think a lot and in the midst of all of the things going on around me usually am very in touch with my heart and thoughts that although there is busyness my life seems relatively slow. i guess you could say i typically have a pretty good rhythm of life in the midst of the fast moving rhythm of my actions and daily activities. but this slowing down of daily activities has sped up the rhythm of my soul. i dont like it. this morning was one of the best mornings i have had in a long time though. the slow and quiet felt like home. it felt natural and for the past few weeks it has felt unnatural, which was starting to take a toll on me. i read this in psalm 62 earlier, "trust in Him at all times, o people, pour out your hearts to Him." beauty. and when i think of this pouring out of my heart to Him it has the rhythm of a beautiful melody like a patty griffin song. last time i wrote on here i mentioned the song mystery by the indigo girls. the words and rhythm of that song are amazing and truly are a glimpse into my heart right now, (except they are writing about other girls and i am not) . here are the lyrics from the first verse:

Each time youd pull down the driveway
I wasnt sure when I would see you again
Yours was a twisted blind sided highway
No matter which road you took then
Oh you set up your place in my thoughts
Moved in and made my thinking crowded
Now were out in the back with the barking dogs
My heart the red sun
Your heart the moon clouded
I could go crazy on a night like tonight
When summers beginning to give up her fight
And every thoughts a possibility
And the voices are heard but nothing is seen
Why do you spend this time with me
Maybe an equal mystery

thats all for now. enjoy this day...
mccabe

No comments: